Thursday, May 8, 2014

Lately I've been seeing a bit of a spike in visitors and some new comments being posted in old strips and stuff and I feel like I should give some explanation to new readers and visitors. Welcome to No Pink Ponies, it's hardly updating these days cos sadly, I cannot work on it full-time to support my life with bills and other stuff. I have a day job at an animation company I helped co-founded with some friends, we're still new so that means then everyone has to pitch in 110% of the time and that's why I hardly have the time to work on No Pink Ponies cos, despite the ad revenues I get, it's not enough to pay my bills.

Now, some of you might be wondering, "But you're updating quite regularly over at Marry Me and Sandra on the Rocks." Yes, I am regularly updating there, but that's cos I get paid by the people I'm collaborating with to do those comics, so there's an obligation there.

With No Pink Ponies and Rumble Fall, it's a work of passion. Like I said, I do get paid from the ad revenues, but I don't really track that much hits and visits every day, or at least not enough for the ad revenues to be my source of income, so sadly, I have to forego drawing both my passion comics from time to time (that can last months).

I just wanna apologize to the readers who expects me to update regularly and ask that you have patience when it comes to my online comics. Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Have you considered a patreon account? It's somewhat like kickstarter, but your patrons instead list a monthly amount they give you, and the rewards tend to be simpler, if there are any at all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patreon is a good idea but like I said, I helped started an animation company very recently and it'd be very horrible of me to just up and leave that company in case this whole Patreon funding really works and I can just work from home, so for now, I'll have to stick to working in that animation company and thus, leaving less time for me to work on my comic. Maybe in a couple of years, once that animation company can stand better without me, I'll leave it and see if I can make it by working solely on my webcomics. (I mean, right now, even if I do Patreon, I might not have the time to work on the comics and the rewards and that would suck)

      Delete